EMBRACE THE WARMTH OF A SMALL TOWN IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE
The charming medieval town of Sainte Eulalie d’Olt is one of the “plus beaux villages de France.” Nestled upon the banks of the River Lot, with its panoramic views of the Lot Valley, Sainte Eulalie d’Olt is one of the most beautiful places in France, with something for everyone. Whether you are an adventure-sport enthusiast, a student of architecture, or a nature lover, Sainte Eulalie d’Olt has a place for you.
How to Get There
The nearest train station to Sainte Eulalie d’Olt is Montpellier. You can take the train or bus. If you travel by train, it will take you more than three hours to reach Sainte Eulalie d’Olt, while a bus will take about an hour longer.
Top Things to Do
- Visit the shops/workshops of the “Eulalie d’Art” or the artistic center of Sainte Eulalie d’Olt. It houses a wide range of painters, designers, and sculptors.
- Take a class or watch spectacular ceramic sculpting, glass-blowing, and woodcraft demonstration. The products from these workshops are available to be purchased.
- Go river rafting, canoeing, or paddling in the River Lot.
- Enjoy hiking and mountain biking amidst the lush landscape of the Lot Valley.
Other Activities to Consider
- Enjoy a leisurely swim in the River Lot.
- Take a nap under the fragrant trees of the Lot Valley.
- Take a tour of the architectural jewels that marked the historical periods the humble medieval town has withstood.
The humble medieval village of Sainte Eulalie d’Olt has some of France’s most charming cottage rentals. You can also opt for comfortable B&B accommodation. You will have ample opportunity to meet, interact, and share meals with talented artists and artisans during your stay in Sainte Eulalie d’Olt.
Eat and Drink
Sainte Eulalie d’Olt offers some of the best European and French cuisines. You can choose from various options- from rustic cafés to world-class restaurants. There are also plenty of vegetarian-friendly restaurants that you can choose from. A gourmet paradise, Sainte Eulalie d’Olt offers a sublime combination of centuries-old cuisine and culinary techniques incorporating the freshest produce.
Best Time to Visit
The summer months – May till August – is the best time to visit Sainte Eulalie d’Olt. “Flavors & Fragrances,” which takes place on the first Sunday of May, sees the small town covered in a profusion of flowers and food stands. During these months, friendly competitions like fishing and painting contests see the whole city come together for fun, feasts, and games. Holidays in France in May would be incomplete without a trip to Sainte Eulalie d’Olt.
Saint-Côme d’Olt has the honor of housing a fragment of Jesus Christ’s crown of thorns. Every year on the second Sunday in July, the inhabitants of Sainte Eulalie d’Olt dress in period costumes and re-enact the crucifixion of Christ. Lasting for a weekend, the procession of the Holy Thorn is one of the unique things to see in France.
You can take a stroll or rent a bike to explore the many charms of the idyllic village. Visitors to Sainte Eulalie d’Olt are requested to park their cars and automobiles at the village entrance. The car park is quite close to the village, making it easily accessible and secure.