Relax on the canopied deck and swim in the pool, while the attentive crew serves canapes and champagne. Indeed, this is the good life aboard the Fleur de Lys!
The vessel’s signature exotic and elegant décor is enriched by ornate fabrics and furnishings, many of which are inspired by the colorful textiles of India. Stately cabins, each with a regal poster bed and separate dressing room, are among the most spacious and beautifully appointed in barging. Lavishly unexpected touches, such as the grand piano in the salon, add to the alluring ambiance.
Sightseeing furthers the immersion into Burgundy’s modern charm and fascinating history, with escorted visits to area antiquities, charming towns, and private wine tastings. While cruising aboard the Fleur de Lys, the beautiful countryside of Southern Burgundy is perhaps best explored through more active pursuits, such as gentle strolls and meandering bicycle rides along the canal’s towpath.
What is included in the tour
- 6 nights/7 days in a cabin with a private bath
- Chauffeured transfers from Paris to the barge & return
- All meals – from dinner the first night to breakfast the last morning
- All wines with lunch & dinner
- Open bar
- Daily escorted excursions and use of onboard bicycles.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airfare to and from France
- Cancellation insurance and crew gratuity (suggested minimum amount is 5% of the cruise price)
- Welcome Aboardsunday image
- Welcome Aboard
- Travel: Arrival to DijonMeals: Dinner onboard
- In the afternoon, you will be met by a crew member of the Fleur de Lys at the designated meeting point. From here, relax as you are chauffeured to the barge, moored in the port of Dijon. A traditional champagne welcome and introduction to the crew awaits you, before your first gourmet dinner aboard.
- Where Medieval Monks Made Winemonday image
- Where Medieval Monks Made Wine
- Travel: Dijon to Fleurey-sur-OucheMeals: Breakfast, lunch, & dinner onboard
- A morning cruise to Fleurey-sur-Ouche provides the perfect opportunity to explore the towpath with a gentle pedal or leisurely stroll. An escorted visit to Clos de Vougeot reveals how Cistercian monks made wine in the 12th century. The ancient Clos now serves as the headquarters of the esteemed wine society Chevaliers du Tastevin, who annually award special labels to the finest Cote d’Or vintages. Discover the preserved presses from which these Burgundian wines were first produced. Tonight, enjoy drinks and dinner onboard.
- Destination Dijontuesday image
- Destination Dijon
- Travel: Fleurey-sur-Ouche to Gissey-sur-OucheMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner onboard
- The town of Dijon offers a pleasurable assault of the senses. "Les Halles”, the region's food market, presents a panorama of colorful produce; mustard jars are cheerfully displayed in boutiques; and public gardens are vibrant with greenery and scenery. Mingle with the locals as you shop and stroll in this vibrant town brimming with authentic French life. An afternoon cruise to Gissey-sur-Ouche provides the perfect opportunity for a leisurely stroll or gentle pedal along the towpath. Return to Fleur de Lys for drinks and dinner.
- Explore a Magnificent Medieval Castlewednesday image
- Explore a Magnificent Medieval Castle
- Travel: Gissey-sur-Ouche to La Bussiere-sur-OucheMeals: Breakfast & lunch onboard, dinner ashore
- A lazy morning cruise begins the day. Your Tour Guide will then escort you to this afternoon to Chateauneuf-en-Auxois, a village perched atop a hill overlooking the canal. Chateauneuf's imposing position refers to its history as a 15th century fortress. A tour of the chateau reveals architectural details and timeworn relics which speak to the deprivations and decadence so prevalent in France’s history. Dinner is tonight very special, as it is taken ashore at the bistro of the Abbaye de la Bussiere, once a Cisterian monastery, and now a luxury hotel.
- The Best of Burgundy in Beaunethursday image
- The Best of Burgundy in Beaune
- Travel: La Bussiere-sur-Ouche to Pont d'OucheMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner onboard
- Begin the day with a morning cruise. Enjoy a cup of coffee on deck, or explore the flora and fauna of the towpath with a leisurely stroll or gentle pedal. Your Tour Guide chauffeurs you to the town of Beaune, the region's wine capital, for a guided visit to the Hospice de Beaune, an immaculately preserved Medieval hospital built in the 15th century. Afterwards, browse the boutiques and galleries lining the pedestrian area, or enjoy a coffee in the town square. A tasting of local vintages then follows. Return to the barge for drinks and dinner.
- Vines and Winesfriday image
- Vines and Wines
- Travel: Pont d'Ouche to Vandenesse-en-AuxoisMeals: Breakfast, lunch, & dinner onboard
- Our final cruise ends at a countryside mooring at the petite hamlet of Vandenesse. Relax on deck and enjoy the scenery, or enjoy a last leisurely stroll or gentle pedal along the towpath. Your Tour Guide takes you to the stunning Chateau de Pommard, a magnificent estate and winery set among the prestigious vines of the Cote de Beaune. A guided tour of the cellars precedes a winetasting; guests can also explore the Chateau's private collection of fine art. Freshen up back onboard, as Chef is preparing tonight's celebratory Captain’s Dinner.
- A Sad Farewellsaturday image
- A Sad Farewell
- Travel: Transfer from Vandenesse-en-AuxoisMeals: Breakfast onboard
- After breakfast, you will be chauffeured to the designated drop off point.
Please note: this is a sample itinerary which may be subject to change depending on local conditions.