Carolines huge flowered sun deck has comfortable teak seatings and is laid with a carpet and is the best place to admire the gurgling waters in the famous oval locks or the shady plane trees while underway. Enjoy relaxing on the sundeck with a cool drink of your choice or sitting in front of the steering position in the shade, watching the wonderful French countryside passing by.
By the way, if you're a cigar afficionado, why not enjoy your Cubans up on deck? Maybe with a Whiskey or a Cocnac or a "Vieille Prune"
The unique sound and rhythm of Caroline´s original three-cylinder diesel engine and her displacement of more than 90 tons will give you a smooth journey without any seasickness - guaranteed!
- Carcassonne You´ll explore "La Cité" the ancient fairy-tale castle of Carcassonne
- Minerve Walking in the footsteps of the Cathar people, finding out about their hard life in the 12th century in the small hilltop village of Minerve
- Narbonne Highlights will be touring towns like the Mediterranean Narbonne which was founded by the romans around 200 BC and its Palace of the Archbishops
- Fontfroide The Abbey is one of the best preserved Cistercian monuments in France
- Chateaux Another highlight will be a wine tasting in one of the well-known Chateaux of the Languedoc-Roussillon
- Lagrasse Visiting medieval Lagrasse and the 8th century Benedictine Abbey with many skilled artisans' workshops around in the tight streets
- Markets Exploring a typical French market, full of the perfumes of the local fruits and vegetables
Every day brings up a side trip where Uli invites you to hop into Caroline’s comfortable Mercedes V-Class Van, driving with you to an individual attraction every day. Typically Caroline will plan to cruise half a day. Depending on the stretch of the canal we are in and how many locks we have to pass, the cruise might be in the morning or the afternoon. The waterway also offers walking and biking occasions along the flat and well maintained towpath.