When we built Emma, we wanted a barge where our guests would feel welcomed and at home. There are 3 air-conditioned cabins, two of which (the green and the blue) can be either a queen bed or 2 single beds and the third (the yellow) which is a fixed double. Each cabin has a fully equipped bathroom with full-sized shower. Beautiful French linens and handmade Irish quilts add to the luxury of your cabin. Your hostess looks after your cabin on a daily basis.
The air-conditioned salon and dining room were designed for conviviality. You will find a fully equipped bar,( beers, soft drinks and spirits) a well-stocked library, a selection of DVD’s (in case of a rainy day) and CD’s, a station for your I pod and also a connection Internet for keeping in touch. Large picture windows make it very bright and airy.
The outside deck is where you will spend the most of your time, just watching the beautiful countryside float by. Emma has one of the biggest decks on the canal. There is ample room for dining, a covered area for shade on those hot sunny days, and an area for enjoying your aperitifs while dinner is being prepared. There is a canopy which covers the deck when Emma is moored up to give shade during your meal times on deck.
Bikes are at your disposal if you feel like a ride along the towpath or through the vineyards.
What is included in the tour
- 5 or 6 night’s accommodation aboard depending on chosen cruise
- 4 crew members: captain. personal chef, hostess and matelot/driver
- Liaison between the railway/airport and the barge both before and after your cruise.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) with their accompanying wines from the region
- Fully stocked bar with a selection of cocktails, digestives and soft drinks.
- Guided tours each day in the minibus and all entrance fees.
- Each bright cabin, with en suite bathroom and shower, reflects the understated beauty of the French countryside.
- Fresh-cut flowers and lavender body products are reminders that you’re taking in the best of the South of France.
- The salon is a comfortable, intimate place for relaxing with a book, sipping an apéritif, and enjoying a five-course meal.