Savannah is a luxury hotel barge able to accommodate up to 7 passengers in luxuriously fitted cabins with both inside salon and dining rooms and a large deck to enjoy throughout the cruising season.
Initially built in 1938 as a cargo tanker specifically to the dimensions of the Royal Canal du Midi (30m x 5m) and navigating between Bordeaux and Sète, this barge
What is included in the tour
- Six nights on board.
- All meals onboard and two meals in selected restaurants
- Transfers to and from the barge from the local train station or hotel. A 125€ supplement for transfers to and from Toulouse and Montpellier.
- All excursions and visits to historical sites, villages, museums (inclusive of entrance fees). Wine-tastings in two vineyards, markets, and two restaurants.
- All regional wines, bar, and refreshment drinks onboard. A selection of guests preferred drinks.
- Use of onboard bicycles, library, CD/DVD collection, and player. Onboard wifi and internet access
What is NOT included in the tour
- Trip insurance which is strongly recommended.
- The wines and alcohol on shore, any personal purchases, telephone and internet access, laundry (can be arranged with on shore cleaners).
- Crew gratuities (5-10% of cruise price recommended) normally presented to the Captain in local currency at the end of the cruise.