Three spacious and comfortable double Cabins, all with fine wood paneling.
Each cabin has been given its own personality and charm offering you a relaxing and calm space for you to enjoy your stay with us.
Each cabin is set up for double or twin share occupancy with a beautiful en-suit bathroom.
Each cabin contains lovely large panoramic Windows so you can relax and watch the local Countryside and wildlife slip by in air conditioned comfort. Also each cabin has ample storage space so you can unpack and make yourselves at home.
What is included in the tour
- Round trip transfers in air-conditioned minibus from pre-arranged meeting point to the Clair de Lune and return after the barge cruise.
- Accommodation for up to 6 passengers for 6 nights in 3 double staterooms with en-suite bathrooms.
- All meals including morning coffee and afternoon tea a fine selection of Languedoc wines and drinks from the open bar.
- All proposed excursions with our guide in the private air conditioned minibus, including entrance fees.
- Use of on-board mountain bikes and Jacuzzi.
- Champagne welcome aboard.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Travel and cancellation insurance; ballooning and other activities not stipulated; supplemental champagne, vintage wines and fine liqueurs; gratuities for the crew; and personal expenses such as use of the cellular telephone.
- Gratuities for the crew; suggested 5 – 7 % for the crew to be paid in equivalent euros to the captain
- The medieval city of Carcassonne
- The historic streets of Pezenas
- The Cistercian Abbey of Fontroide
- The attractive town of Narbonne
- Charming Beziers, birthplace of Pierre-Paul Riquet, the engineer of the Canal du Midi
- The medieval Cathar village of Minerve
- Excellent towpath for walking and cycling
Sunday, Day 1 Beziers
Guests are met at Beziers, Narbonne or Carcassonne, and transferred by private chauffeured
minibus to Clair de Lune. The crew welcomes you on board with a glass of chilled champagne and
canapés. Time for a short cruise before your first dinner on board.
Monday, Day 2 Colombier to Capestang
The Morning Cruise You Can Enjoy The Sundeck Or Perhaps Cycle Or Walk At Your Leisure On Banks Of
The Canal Du Midi, After Lunch A Private Wine-Tasting And Visit To The Oppidum D’Enserune, A Twothousand Year Old Hilltop Archeological City-Site Located Near Of The Mooring
Tuesday, Day 3 Capestang to La Croisade
After breakfast you cruise to La Croisade, lunch will be on board, on the afternoon visit, we take an excursion out to Pezenas, a delightful village, mostly known for its associations with the famous French playwright Molière, who is said to have written many plays while staying there. You will take the dinner on board.
After breakfast, we drive you to the beautiful city of Narbonne, a Roman Mediterranean capital where the Visigoth monarchs once lived. Enjoy the Archbishop’s Palace and Roman Horreum and explore the indoor market – les Halles de Narbonnes – at the hub of this bustling town where you will have time to shop or simply absorb the relaxed atmosphere. Then we enjoy lunch in a typical French restaurant close to Les Halles. After returning to Clair de Lune, a relaxing afternoon cruise to Le Somail. Dinner on board.
Thursday, Day 5 Le Somail to Argens-Minervois
In the morning we cruise to Argens- Minervois, After lunch, we take you to the impressive village of Minerve, boasting a 12th century Cathar fort surrounded by deep limestone gorges. Besieged by Simon de Montfort in 1210, its hilltop location affords spectacular views. A fascinating recreation in miniature of the bloodthirsty Cathar rebellion and a small museum complete this intriguing visit. On the way back to the hotel barge we visit a producer of fine Minervois wines, Domaine Massamier La Mignarde, for a private tasting. Dinner on board.
Friday, Day 6 Argens-Minervois to Homps
This morning you embark for the last cruise to Homps one of the main commercial harbor in the old times, We will pass 4 Locks, Lunch on board, After lunch, your guide will accompany you to Carcassonne the restored and most complete medieval fortified city in existence today, dating back to the Gallo Roman era. With its 52 watchtowers, portcullis and extraordinary repertoire of defences, it resisted the many armies that tried to storm this Camelot setting. You can walk the ramparts and step back in time. Last dinner on board.
After breakfast, guests are transferred by private chauffeured minibus to their choice of location in Beziers,Narbonne or Carcassonne.
*This is a sample itinerary and is subject to change. On alternate weeks the cruise is in the reverse direction.