Perfect for those looking to enjoy an effortless balance of sightseeing and relaxation deep in the southwest of France, Anjodi offers a lovely cruise encompassing the most memorable of experiences.
Anjodi presents nautical character and charm, especially on the inviting wooden deck with its snappy blue and white striped furniture. By day guests linger outside under parasols or relax in the hot tub, savoring vignettes of the French countryside as it floats by. Bicycling and walking along the tree-shaded towpaths of the Languedoc reveals the region’s delightful flora and fauna.
Inside, the social center of the barge is the salon/dining room, comfortably appointed with two sink-in sofas, where guests can unwind with a glass of wine and curl up with a book from the boat’s small library. Cozy cabins are decorated with bright pops of blue and yellow, furthering the traditional French aesthetic.
Mediterranean inspired cuisine is an approachable array of contemporary and classic French favorites, and wine pairings are carefully selected to reflect the region’s vineyards, both known and emerging. A dinner ashore in the small town of Beziers rounds out the comprehensive culinary explorations offered on the Anjodi.
Excursions on the Anjodi are naturally tailored to showcase the interesting historical treasures in the region, many of which are from the Roman era. Oenophiles will especially enjoy a tour and tasting at a 500-year-old canal side winery, while foodies and Francophiles are in for a treat at the region’s bustling covered market.
For casual travelers, the décor, cabins, and service on the Anjodi are the perfect components to a marvelous vacation.
What is included in the tour
- 6 nights/7 days in a cabin with a private bath
- transfers via First Class TGV train from Paris to the barge and return (Train tickets are booked for the specific first and last dates of your barge cruise and are non-changeable or refundable.)
- all meals – from dinner the first night to breakfast the last morning
- all wines with lunch & dinner
- open bar
- daily escorted excursions and use of onboard bicycles.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Airfare to and from France
- Cancellation insurance
- Crew gratuity (suggested minimum amount is 5% of the cruise price)
- Welcome Aboardsunday image
- Welcome Aboard
- Travel: Arrival to MarseillanMeals: Dinner onboard
- In the afternoon, you will be met by a crew member of the Anjodi at the designated meeting point. From here, relax as you are chauffeured to the barge, moored in the charming port town of Marseillan. A traditional champagne welcome and introduction to the crew awaits you, before your first gourmet dinner onboard.
- Sip, Shop, and Stroll in Pezenasmonday image
- Sip, Shop, and Stroll in Pezenas
- Travel: Marseillan to Villeneuve-les-BeziersMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner onboard
- This morning, a leisurely cruise provides the perfect opportunity to relax on deck, or explore the towpath with a gentle pedal or brisk walk. Your Tour Guide escorts you to Pezenas this afternoon, noted as a town of art and history. The city's center has become a well–established bohemian haven of craft shops, lively cafes, and specialty boutiques. Sip, shop, and stroll your way through this adorable town brimming with authentic French life. Return to the Anjodi for drinks and dinner onboard.
- Wines and Vinestuesday image
- Wines and Vines
- Travel: Villeneuve-les-Beziers to MalpasMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner onboard
- Laze on deck during this morning's cruise while ascending the engineering marvel of the Fonserannes flight of seven locks. This afternoon, your Tour Guide accompanies you to the 14th Century Chateau de Perdiguier, famed for its Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay wines, along with its astonishing 15th century frescoes. Explore the magnificent grounds, and then enjoy a sampling of their vintages. Back onboard, Chef is putting the final touches on dinner while appetizers and aperitifs are served in the salon.
- A Capital of the Canal du Midiwednesday image
- A Capital of the Canal du Midi
- Travel: Malpas to CapestangMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner onboard
- The morning begins with a visit to Narbonne, a regional capital established in 118 B.C.E. as a Roman colony. A study of European history and local modernity thriving side by side, preserved Roman ruins are presented in public spaces, while the lively Narbonne market reflects the region’s gastronomic bounty. Return to the barge for an afternoon cruise and relax on deck with a glass of wine. Tonight's dinner is taken ashore at a local bistro, allowing for an authentic taste of the region's many specialties.
- Magnificent Minervethursday image
- Magnificent Minerve
- Travel: Capestang to Salleles d'AudeMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner onboard
- The morning begins with a leisurely cruise through another series of preserved locks, offering the perfect opportunity to lounge on deck, visit your Captain in the wheelhouse, or explore the towpath by bicycle or on foot. In the afternoon, your Tour Guide offers an escorted tour of Minerve, a former capital of the region, and now a preserved Medieval city with fascinating social, historical, and military import. A sunset cocktail hour precedes dinner onboard.
- Captivating Carcassonnefriday image
- Captivating Carcassonne
- Travel: Salleles d'Aude to Le SomailMeals: Breakfast, lunch & dinner onboard
- Greet the day with cup of freshly brewed coffee as the Anjodi gently makes her way to her final mooring. The adventures continue in the afternoon, as your Tour Guide accompanies you to Carcassonne, a fortified Medieval fortress with a walled city. Explore the ancient castle and preserved ramparts to admire the mighty 53 Roman towers. Stroll the cobblestone boulevards into local cafes and specialty boutiques. Back onboard, a festive Farewell Feast ends the cruise in style.
- A Sad Farewellsaturday image
- A Sad Farewell
- Travel: Transfer from Le SomailMeals: Breakfast onboard
- After breakfast, you will be chauffeured to the designated drop off point.
Please note: this is a sample itinerary which may be subject to change depending on local conditions.